Collingwood, Ontario, October 21, 2016 – The Canadian Chamber of Commerce and Grant Thornton LLP announced today that AGNORA is among the Top 10 Finalists for the national 2016 Private Business Growth Award. This distinguished award honours the integral role that Canada’s private businesses play in growing our country’s economy.
AGNORA is proud to be named one of the Top 10 private businesses, selected by an independent Jury of business leaders, for their successful, sustainable and holistic growth strategies (in alphabetical order):
- AGNORA Inc., Collingwood, ON
- Aspin Kemp & Associates, Montague, PE
- BioScript Pharmacy, Moncton, NB
- Cows Inc., Charlottetown, PE
- Everest Clinical Research Corporation, Markham, ON
- Klick Inc., Toronto, ON
- Nicola Wealth Management, Vancouver, BC
- Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd, Surrey, BC
- Skyline Group of Companies, Guelph, ON
- StarTech.com, London, ON
An industry-disrupting, team-based customer service culture coupled with innovations in the production process, have allowed AGNORA to push the boundaries of what is possible with architectural glass to meet to meet the design objectives brought to us by our customers. The original 6 employees have grown to a team of 72 committed to setting new industry standards for both service and quality.
“We are honoured to receive this recognition from Grant Thornton & The Canadian Chamber of Commerce.” says Richard Wilson, President & Founder of AGNORA, “We started out as a small company in Collingwood, Ontario and have been able to grow and establish an international presence. We have set out to do what others weren’t willing to try and are incredibly grateful for such public recognition of these efforts.”
Award Gala: All finalists will be awarded, along with the announcement of the official first place winner, at a gala at The Design Exchange on November 16, 2016 in Toronto. The evening will be hosted by Canadian business journalist, Deirdre McMurdy.
“The goal of this annual award is to showcase business success stories — when Canadian businesses strive to be innovative and embrace strategic thinking, they create jobs and build prosperity for communities across the country,” said Kevin Ladner, CPA, CA, CBV, CEO and Executive Partner, Grant Thornton LLP. “I commend these finalists for their outstanding growth and success.”
“This year’s finalists are on unique and engaging growth pathways,” says Hon. Perrin Beatty, President and CEO of The Canadian Chamber of Commerce. “We need to celebrate their accomplishments – collectively they are helping to drive our Canadian economy forward, paving the path for a prosperous future.”
In selecting the Top 10 Finalists, jury members used the following five criteria to assess strategic growth across various aspects of the nominees’ businesses:
- Innovation: Developing new products and services, bringing old products to market in a new way, as well as improving the efficiency and effectiveness of internal processes.
- Market development: How they go to market and expand into new domestic or international markets.
- People and culture: Investing in their people by helping employees learn and develop as a critical part of overall growth.
- Strategic leadership: How they interact with partners, stakeholders, their succession planning and community involvement.
- Improvements in financial measures: Ensuring revenue growth and improvements in profitability.
This year’s accomplished jury includes:
- The Honourable Perrin Beatty, President and CEO, The Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- Phil Noble, Past CEO and Strategic Advisor to Firm Leadership, Grant Thornton LLP
- Christiane Bergevin, President, Bergevin Capital
- Peggy Cunningham, Professor and RA Jodrey Chair, Dalhousie University Business School
- Malcolm Hunter, President, Deeley Group of Companies
- Sean Stanleigh, Managing Editor, Globe Content Studio, the Globe and Mail
- Paul Straus, President, Home Hardware Stores Limited
Recognizing, validating & celebrating private business success stories – paving the path for future growth!
About the Private Business Growth Award
The Private Business Growth Award recognizes Canadian-owned, privately-held businesses that have been in business a minimum of three years, have $5 million or more in revenues and have demonstrated outstanding strategic growth. A partnership between The Canadian Chamber of Commerce and Grant Thornton LLP, 2016 marks the fourth year this national business award has recognized and celebrated the successful growth of private businesses in Canada. A jury of high-profile Canadian business leaders selects 10 finalists and one winning company based on the following criteria: innovation, market development, people and culture, strategic leadership, and improvements in financial measures.
AGNORA is a customer service company that fabricates the largest architectural glass in North America. Glass units up to 25 feet by 11 feet are used in high-end retail store fronts, multi-million dollar homes and specialty buildings such as museums and art galleries. AGNORA prides itself on outstanding quality, constant innovation, and an exceptional corporate culture to consistently exceed customer expectations. Learn more about AGNORA at www.agnora.com
For further information, to arrange an interview or photo, contact:
1 (705) 444-6654 x163